Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ode to Cinnamon


I am currently drinking my Cinnabon coffee and I added cinnamon to my oatmeal. Apparently I am on a cinnamon kick this morning :)

My super sweet husband woke up with me again this morning before the sun was even up so we could go to the gym. I did 30 minutes of walking 3.2 on a 4.0 incline. I am trying to incorporate easy cardio every other day. I then did lunges on the empty basketball court (It smelled so icky in their :P blah) After our work out we went home and when I came out of our room from getting ready for work I thought to myself today was DEFINITELY a coffee morning! I walked into the kitchen to find Billy already brewing me coffee to drink on my way to work. I guess it's true - great minds do think alike!

Health benefits to cinnamon:
- 1/2 tsp. can lower LDL cholesterol
- It's a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium
- Smelling cinnamon can improve memory
- Google it if you care for more (I wonder if I say look it up on yahoo.com if the Google Police will mark my blog as spam again....)

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter